Welcome!

This is a blog that we use to post news on our translation of "Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love". For those who don't know, it is a sequel to Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Rupeeland was released in English, but Balloon Trip of Love wasn't.

This is an unofficial fan project. We are in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Vanpool, and are doing this completely for free.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Update on graphics

I have some bad news on the graphics.

So if you've been in the Help Section, you can see that the graphics are stored in "custom archives". This means that they are not stored in a normal way. So to edit them I have to extract them manually by figuring out where each file starts and ends. 
Well, after I extract them I need to decompress them (think zip files- they need to be decompressed to view their contents). So after I decompress them I can finally see the graphic. After I edit it into English, I need to compress it again so it fits in the archive. Except the problem is that when you recompress something, it changes the compression ratio, which basically means it makes the file bigger by a few bytes. That may not seem like much, but the archive only has room for a file the exact same size as the original. (And there's no free space in the archives so repointing is not an option)

So to fix this I guess I have to make the resLib archives bigger, which I don't know how to do. But unlike the font problem, this is a major problem and if I can't fix it we won't be able to make a full translation patch. 
If you have any way to fix this, please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment