Welcome!

This is a blog that we use to post news on our translation of "Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love". For those who don't know, it is a sequel to Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Rupeeland was released in English, but Balloon Trip of Love wasn't.

This is an unofficial fan project. We are in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Vanpool, and are doing this completely for free.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Historical Documents

Hello everbody, today we have something a little different. Instead of writing about the translation project directly, we'll look at something from Tingle's Love Balloon Trip's publishing history.

A couple of days ago, joesteve pointed me to a website with a couple of interviews and other articles by and about Vanpool, the company that made the game. It's styled in a "classroom" theme and I thought it was really neat. Especially the first page, which is done in the style of a board game of sorts and reveals details about the events at Vanpool between the release of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Tingle's Love Balloon Trip.

I liked it so much that I made a rough translation that I'd like to present without further ado.

Update: View the image in full resolution!

Enjoy!



7 comments:

  1. Nice! Thank you for translating :)
    How is the translation project going?
    Keep up the good work!

    Greetz,

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're making a lot of progress on every aspect of the project. Look forward to more blog updates soon!

      Delete
  2. I saw your thread on romhacking, but I didn't have an account there to comment and thank you guys for your efforts. Everything looks great! Thanks again for your hard work and take as long as needed; don't get burnt out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad creating a rhdn thread was worthwhile :)

      Don't worry, we won't get burnt out, there's far to much work that's been done for it to go to waste :)

      Delete
  3. Keep the updates coming, it's nice to keep hearing that this is ongoing. My copy of the game hasn't seen any use because I don't understand Japanese and I simply got the game originally for collection purposes, but the knowledge that I'll someday be able to play it will make me even more glad that I DID purchase the game when it was new and that I also got to enjoy it, rather than it being pretty with the rest of my zelda games on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      More than likely though you will need a flashcart to play this translation. You can dump a rom off your cartridge using a ds(i) + flashcart, or a 3ds + cfw.
      Just wanted to let you know ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey!
    Just wanted to say that you guys really are awesome!
    I finished the first game not long ago, and I am very excited to know that i'll be able to play the second one in english!
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete